Saturday, April 4, 2015

Weeks Six & Seven: Essential Oils & Herbs VS. Antidepressants

I had been super excited because bergamot had cleared up the acne on my chest where I put elevation.  Then two days later, I had a rash on that entire side of my chest.  It doesn't hurt, but it is very discolored.  I stopped using both on my chest to wait for it to heal, however it's been almost two weeks and it's still red and spotty.  

I restocked my supply of Mood Elevator, Concentrated, from Natures Sunshine.  It really does help.  I also started taking NS probiotics today.  We'll see if I notice it affecting my body at all.  

My mood has been pretty good lately.  My period is super late (which is normal for me) and that makes me a bit cranky, but other than that, I've been good.  I took a few hours off this week and had some "me time."  I didn't realize how much I needed it until afterwards.  My self esteem has been pretty low lately, so I went to forever 21 and tried on pretty dresses to make myself feel pretty.  It was really fun and much needed.  

Kevin had hernia surgery yesterday.  He's in a lot of pain, but doing well.  His best friend from Lynchburg came to help him get up the stairs and is hanging out for a few days.  This surgery made us realized how amazing our new church family is!  A friend from community group brought us dinner last night so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking while taking care of Kev and a bunch of community group friends are planning on coming over tomorrow night to check on Kevin and spend some time with us.  We are so very blessed.  It took many many months to find a church home and it was so worth the wait!

Easter is tomorrow, which means reminders of redemption and grace upon grace.  I feel so soaked in Christ's love during this time.  I hope that all of you can know the beauty of His resurrection.  Peace & grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment