Saturday, April 11, 2015

Week Eight: Essential Oils & Herbs VS. Antidepressants

This week was one of the worst yet.  I broke down balling my eyes out at the post office because my label wasn't scanning right.  Seriously, what the heck?  The ladies at the post probably think I'm a lunatic.  I told Kevin I wanted to quit the business and go to work at somewhere like walmart because I can't handle it anymore. I cried more in the last 7 days than in the last 7 months.  The only reason I can think would cause it to be so horrible was my period.  Hormones suck sometimes.  I feel so bad for my poor husband.  It so happened that this week Kevin was at home because he had surgery last week.  He is seriously the best husband on the planet.  When I melted down and tried to give up, he was patient with me and just loved on me.  Once I was calm and feeling better, he told me that if I quit the business it would be a huge waste of talent.  God has given me this wonderful gift of creativity and the ability to have my own business.  I need to be a good steward of this gift, not abandon it when things get rough.  I'm so thankful to have a man that knows how to ground me.  He's been such a rock in my life since the first day I met him over 4 years ago.  He is just the most amazing thing.  I fall more in love with him daily.  

I have been VERY undisciplined with my oils this week.  


I have just been so stressed and constantly having to remember to reapply them is stressful.  I have 9 orders ready to ship on monday though, so next week should be a lot more relaxed.  

Our lease ends in a couple weeks and we have been searching for months for a place to live, whether another rental or buying a home.  We are signing a lease on Monday; praise God!  It is a HOUSE in a good location.  Yay!  I'm so excited to live in a house after three years of apartments!  It's three bedrooms, so we have plenty of room for my growing business.  

I've been majorly neglecting Jesus lately.  I'm so thankful that His grace isn't contingent on my obedience.  I need to just stop everyday and remember Him.  I was telling a friend today about the meaning of the tattoo on my wrist.  She asked if it really does help me to reflect on Jesus and I said yes, but to be totally honest, it should affect me much more than it does.  I got the hebrew word "zakar" tattooed on my wrist to be a constant reminder of Christ, of the gospel, of who I am in Him, of what He has done, of who His is. I mean, yeah, when I glance at it, I do think of Jesus most of the time, but it's more just a part of my body.  I want to live my days constantly shouting out a broken hallelujah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment