Friday, February 7, 2014

when satan hides my tennis shoes & key card

It has been 20 days since I started my healthy eating plan/life change.  It's been rough to depend on God and not on food, but God has given me the strength to stand strong and not give into my cravings.  I have not, however, started exercising.  I have lost 9 lbs and possibly an inch or so, but haven't yet been motivated enough to go to the gym.  Last night I talked to my health mentor about how I really really really want to exercise and how I know I'll feel so much better and just have an improved life, but I just haven't been able to force myself to take the first step.  She pretty much told me that it was okay because I am determined, so she knows I'll work up the courage to just do it.  

When I woke up this morning, I told myself this was the day.  Today I will exercise.  Today I will stop making excuses and take that first step.  

I told my husband and put on my workout clothes.  I told him bye as he left for work and went to put on my tennis shoes.  I searched...

and searched...

and searched...

and searched...

and my tennis shoes were no where to be found.  I decided that satan was trying to give me an excuse not to exercise but I said NO.  I am going to exercise!  So I put on some other shoes that aren't really suitable to workout in, but who cares, I need to take this first step.  I made up a water bottle, got my iphone and headphones, then went to get the keys that holds the keycard to my apartment buildings gym.  My husband and I only have one car.  He took my set of keys with him when he left with the car.  It's okay though because his keys also have the gym keycard on them.  So I went to the places where he usually sets down his keys.   I searched...

and searched...

and searched...

and searched...

and his keys were no where to be found.  You've got to be kidding me!  On the day I decide I will be strong and workout, my tennis shoes and my keycard to the gym is missing!  If I wasn't so determined, I would have just let satan win.  But I was angry at him.  How dare he hide my shoes and keys!  The nerve of him!  My God is way more powerful than satan, so I told him so.  And I turned on the wii and did part of a Denise Austin workout video wearing socks in my living room.  Sure it wasn't the elliptical or weight lifting, but the warm up was enough to take my breath away and raise my heart rate.   Today I exercised.  It was only for like 15 minutes, but that was 15 minutes more than I've done in the last few months.  And now that I've taken this first step, albeit a tiny one, I will go to the gym tomorrow wearing tennis shoes (even if I have to buy a new pair) and climb on that elliptical.  I may only be able to make it 15 or 20 minutes, but the fact that I'm on it makes me feel better.  It gives me peace in my heart.  Peace that only comes from my Father.  I've only been consistent with exercise once in the last year and during those few weeks, I felt peace and happiness and confidence.  I want that again.  His mercies are new every morning.  Today satan tried to defeat me, but my Lord empowered me.  Tomorrow His mercies will be new again and I will be prepared to punch satan in the face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment