Thursday, January 6, 2011

redemption never felt so good

I think the time has come for me to write out my experiences from Passion2011.  :)
If you read this blog, you know I've been going through a major rough season.  The last two months have been pretty terrible.  I've had some definite highs, but a lot more lows.  Lows covered in depression, insomnia, panic attacks, rebellion, etc.  January 1st 2011 I went to Atlanta to the Passion conference, where close to 25,000 college students gather and love God.  The hotel I was staying in had a prayer room for the conference that students could sign up to pray any time from midnight to 7 am.  As I have insomnia, I figured that would be a brilliant way to spend time.  I signed up for 1 am the night of the 1st (so technically it was the morning of the 2nd).  The prayer room turned out to be a sort of a journey through prayer stations.  The first one was named "Purify Your Heart."  If you know me at all, you know I'm an OBSESSIVE journaler.  For me, it is how I stay connected with Jesus.  It is how I stay functioning.  Well the last two months, I haven't been journaling.  So as I sat down at station number one, I pulled out my journal. . . and began to confess to God how I had broken my Nazirite vow (I began my vow on October 1, 2010).  I guess the Lord had just been waiting for me to confess because the moment I began, the Lord began speaking to me.  And because I was ready to make a change, I actually began to listen and write down every word the Lord spoke to me.  I won't type it all out, but to summarize it, the Lord told me to think about a marriage between a man and woman and how they say vows.  He told me that because I had broken my vow, I had been cheating on Him, just like an adulterous wife.  Then He said He had been waiting because He knew I would remember His promises and love.  He then told me to read Hosea.  Keep in mind I'm sitting at prayer station one in a hotel in the middle of the night.  I read Hosea.  The whole thing, right there.  And duuuuude. . .  the Lord told me I had been being Gomer.  Wake up call much?!  I'm going to type out some of the verses and then what the Lord showed me in response to them.  


2.6a - Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes;
Insomnia. Panic attacks. 
2.6b - I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way.
Depression.  
2.7 - She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them.
I'll spare you the details, but this was true also.
2.13b - she decked herself with rings and jewelry, and went after lovers, but me she forgot.
I got my nose pierced in COMPLETE disobedience and disrespect towards my mother.
11.2a - But the more I called Israel, the further they went from me.
If you recall, back in late October I felt the Lord was calling me into a deeper intimacy involving much sacrifice. However, shortly after that, I began backing away from Jesus.  Backing away from the gospel.  Running away from intimacy.  I was scared.  I didn't think I could do it.  


I don't know if you've ever read Hosea.  I never had in its entirety.  If you have, you know, there is good news.  :)  Just as Israel returned to God, so did I.  Just as the Word says, I prayed, "Forgive all my sins and receive me graciously, that I may offer the fruit of my lips." (14.2).  So good news!  14.4: I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them.  He loves me freely.  I have been redeemed.  The rest of Passion brought much needed healing.  I'll post more about that later.  Thank you for taking the time to read my journey with Jesus.  It's an adventure for sure..  Good thing I have the King of Kings on my side.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Casey,
    I love you so much, and reading about your joy and redemption is music to my ears!

    "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her... And in that day, declares the LORD, you will call me 'My Husband,' and no longer will you call me 'My Baal.' For I will remove the names of the baals from her mouth, and they shall be remembered by name no more... and I will make you lie down in safety. And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the LORD."

    "Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD until He comes, and showers righteousness on you like the rain."

    The Word of the LORD is so beautiful! Ahhh!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the story of Hosea, and when it comes down to it, isn't it OUR story? All of us? I'm amazed that the Lord would BUY BACK what was ALREADY HIS. Simply amazing. Glad to hear that 2011 is starting off GREAT for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a moving post. It's so awesome how when we listen, when we really listen, God tells us things. He gives us answers to our problems and can say exactly what we need to improve on. I love the evidence of this in your post! LOVED it!
    So glad to hear that God is working in your life. Always a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post.... In the Catholic hymnal there is a song based on Hosea, which is MY song and really ALL Christians. Return to me with all your heart, do not let sin tear us apart.... This is an incredible post! There's also a verse in Luke (I want to say 12:31, 32, but I'm not postive off the top of my head and my Bible is in a room with sleeping people that I don't want to disturb...) It's Jesus speaking to Peter and saying that Satan sought to sift you, but don't worry because I have prayed for you... Another one of those verses, I feel like is there just for me, lol! I <3 your blog!!! check mine out? Http://angiloveland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete