Thursday, November 11, 2010

let us learn together what is good (job 34:4)

In the last two weeks, I have learned that:
  • I am terrible at stress management
  • impulsive decisions are better left unmade
  • in order to constantly pour out, I have to be constantly filled up
  • I have anxiety issues
  • I can't do "under-pressure"
  • vitamins are good
  • God is sovereign, even when I can't believe it
  • even if it's hot when I leave home for college, I should bring a warm jacket
  • car's break and there is nothing I could have done to help it
  • not everything is my fault
  • sometimes people give bad advice
  • depression makes you extremely self-centered
  • I need to put a chair in my mind where I leave people, so I don't carry the problems of the world
  • I need to be in college
  • I really like apples
  • I can't take all hard classes
  • I've taken 12 credit hours of biology within 3 semesters
  • infections and viruses are very different things
  • microbiology is actually extraordinarily intriguing
  • I'm one of "the boys," whether I like it or not
  • I hate dealing with cars
  • I hate driving cars and would much rather my best friend, who is male, drive my car
  • panic attacks are really scary
  • being a missionary is unattractive to most guys
  • organic food tastes pretty great
  • I have the best friends in the entire world
  • a simple word of encouragement or hug can truly change the direction of my day
  • "everything is gonna be okay"
  • vitamins make your pee neon yellow
  • I really like the band vampire weekend
  • tumblr is legit, but blogger still has my heart
  • I want lots of kids because I really wish I had siblings
  • Clayton King is an amazing man and I respect and look up to him so much
  • my dorm room is really filled with blessings from the Lord
  • as much as I try to talk myself out of missions, my heart beats for the nations
  • I am fully and unashamedly obsessed with Harry Potter
  • I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
  • photographs make the world a better place
  • I am extremely blessed
  • folk music owns
  • I have a very dorky laugh, but my friends love me for it
  • I am quite independent
  • I can't wear socks that match
  • fall is my absolute favorite season
  • 3 months is a little too long to be away from home
  • I'm a junior by credits
  • I could potentially graduate a whole year early
  • my mental health is more important than graduating a whole year early
  • I'm going to graduate a semester early and I don't have to take 18 hrs a semester
  • writing letters is my favorite
  • mercy is in my DNA, whether I like it or not
  • the Lord encounters everyone differently
The biggest thing I learned however, is that I have a lot left to learn. Sometimes I forget I'm only 19 and I have a whole lot of life left to live.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone has a lot left to learn. We always will, this side of heaven. It's not a bad thing! In fact, it's a really, really good thing to realize. Makes it a whole lot easier to be humble when we see ourselves rightly :)

    ReplyDelete