Monday, June 28, 2010

wet kisses

Haiti is a tragedy.

And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
Mark 10:16

Today I ditched my pharmacy team to snatch up some sad looking Haitian kids. Before I knew it, two hours had gone by and I had about eight kids piled up all around me, hanging on my neck, playing with my hair, pulling at my skin, gabbing to me in a language I can't understand, giving me the utter feeling of complete and perfect happiness. You may say, Casey, you're not experiencing perfect happiness, you're not in heaven. But Jesus loved kids. And I love Jesus. And I want to be like Jesus. I want to do what Jesus did. Jesus put kids on His lap and held them. I'm sure Jesus was happy in that moment. But that's beside the point.

Jesus layed hands on the kids in His lap and blessed them. This morning I prayed that I would do what Jesus did, speak what Jesus spoke, hear what Jesus heard, walk where Jesus walked, etc. While sitting with my gorgeous Haitian sweeties, the Lord told me to pray for them. Bronchitis was probably one of the most common illnesses in children today at the clinic, and I getting bronchitis several times a year, know exactly what it feels like. Several of the girls on my lap where coughing pretty bad. I could hear the weezes and the phelm. I put my hands on the lungs of one girl as she sat on my leg. As the other girls played with my hair, I began to ask the Lord to heal this little one. I authentically just talked to the Lord about her and about her sweet little lungs. After probably 5 or 10 minutes, she just began to smile... Her arms wrapped around my neck, and the kid didn't leave my side for the next hour. She just grinned and loved on me. Wet kisses from my Haitian princess. (He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes of their people. Psalm 113:7-8).

No, she didn't tell me her chest stopped hurting. No, she didn't say that she could breathe better. But that smile was enough. That smile told it all; answered any question I could ever have.

And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
Mark 10:16

No comments:

Post a Comment