Friday, May 6, 2011

the gospel

Why should we live in condemnation and shame for the sin we have committed in the past?  Our Father remembers our sins no more (Hebrews 8:12).  In the testimony of Jesus writing in the sand, He didn’t say, “Go and live in regret and condemnation of your past sin and let it haunt you for the rest of your life as a constant reminder of the fact that you’re a dirty sinner.”  He actually said (John 8:11), “Then neither do I condemn you. Go now and leave your life of sin.”  If I’m at my house and I am standing in the bathroom, then I walk to the kitchen, I am no longer in the bathroom, I am in the kitchen.  If I leave a life of sin, I am no longer a sinner, I am a saint.  
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”  (John 8:34-36)
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1-2)
If you are in Christ, the Father sees you as holy (1 Peter 1:15), stop living as if He sees you as some nasty sinner who deserves hell (Romans 6:6-7).  Walk in freedom my beloved brothers and sisters (Galatians 5:1, 25).  Live a life that’s worthy of the calling you have received (Ephesians 4:1) - you have been calledsons (Galatians 4:7).  
Be free in Christ, my friends, be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment